Chicken and Rice
Chilau Sauce and seasonings are excellent for non-seafood based recipes. I stumbled on this extra large cast iron skillet recently and decided to make chicken and rice in it. For this recipe I went with chicken thighs as they maintain their juiciness throughout the cooking process. This recipe would work great as well with seafood and other meat selections. Excellent flavor!
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Chilau Seafood Sauce (any flavor)
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1/2 Cup chopped sweet peppers
- 1 one shallot chopped ( or onion )
You basically add Chilau Sauce to the normal amount of water you would normally use to make your rice. I used Jasmine Rice which calls for 3 cups of water to 2 cups of dry rice, so I used 2 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of Chilau Sauce.
- Get skillet hot and add 2 tbs olive oil (or butter)
- Season chicken on both sides with chilau seasonings (or preferred brand) and sear chicken for 2 minutes on each side, then remove from pan
- Add peppers and onion to pan and sauté until tender
- Add rice to pan and stir to allow it to absorb the remaining oil and seasoning in the skillet (1 min)
- Add water and Chilau Sauce and bring to a boil
- Add chicken back to the pan and cover in foil or lid
- Finish in oven at 350° for 30 min (covered)