If you love Thai Food you will adore this easy-to-follow take on a Thai-style coconut curry chicken soup. It's super easy to follow and has a healthy dose of fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices. Indulge in low carb, keto-friendly goodness!
Serves 5 to 8 people
- 1 Cup - Chilau Flavor Base - Florida Citrus (Original or Gumbo can also be used)
- 1 Carton 32oz - Chicken Stock
- 2 Cans (14oz) un-sweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 Can (14oz) diced tomatoes - don't drain
- 2 TBSP - Lime Juice
- 1 Cup diced white onion
- 1 Cup diced orange beller pepper
- 1 Cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 Cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onions
- 3 Cups Cubed Butternut Squad
- 2 Cups Sugar Snap peas
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced ginger (Cut large to avoid when eating)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Stick butter
- 2 TBSP Curry Powder (preferred yellow curry powder)
- Chilau Garlic Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Season Chicken thighs on both sides with Chilau Garlic Pepper Seasoning (Or use preferred seasoning salt or all-purpose seasoning)
- Add butter to heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat. ( I used 8 qrt Dutch oven). Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pot and store in large bowl, allow to rest
- Add Onion, peppers, ginger, cilantro and grape tomatoes to remaining butter and drippings. Cook for 5 minutes until onions run clear (translucent)
- Add Curry powder and cook for 5 minutes
- Add liquids to the pot starting with Chicken stock, follow by coconut milk, Chilau Flavor Base and Lime Juice. Stir and and be shore to scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen the flavor stuck to the bottom. **Time for a taste test and add salt to taste**
- Add remaining vegetables (Butternut squash, diced tomatoes, sugar snap peas)
- Chop chicken and add to the pot including any drippings that collected in be bowl
- Simmer over medium-low heat until vegetables reach desired texture or when butternut squash is fork tender.
Serve as is for a healthy low card and keto friendly meal or with your choice of pasta or rice!!