In this addition I decided to add a Jambalaya spin on the same recipe I use for chicken and rice by swapping out the chicken for shrimp and sausage with our Gumbo Chilau Sauce which has that enhanced “trinity” flavor. This would also be a great recipe to try with some of our seasoned rice selections.
- 2 1/2 Cups Water (or amount of liquid you rice calls for)
- 1/2 Cup Chilau Sauce (Gumbo, Original will work also)
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 lb Sausage
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Shallot Chopped (or 1/2 onion)
You basically add Chilau Sauce to the normal amount of water you would normally use to make your rice. I used Jasmine Rice which calls for 3 cups of water to 2 cups of dry rice.
**I used 2 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of Chilau Sauce.**
- Bring Dutch Oven or Oven friendly pot to medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Add peppers and onion and sauté until tender
- Add Sausage and sauté 5 min
- Add rice and stir to allow it to absorb the remaining oil and seasoning in the pot (1 min)
- Add Chilau Sauce and stir to coat rice.
- Add water and bring to a boil
- Add shrimp and cover with lid
- Finish in oven at 350° for 20min